Wandering the halls of a gallery or museum is easily one of the best ways to explore a new culture or point of view. And if you are lucky enough to live in a major city, your options are often a car, bus or subway ride away. A few weeks ago Mo, Rebecca and I spent a hot afternoon wandering the halls of Hauser & Wirth, Los Angeles to visit their latest exhibits.
Hauser & Wirth was founded in 1992 in Zurich and has since expanded to include locations in London, New York, Somerset, Gstaad and Los Angeles. The gallery represents over 60 artists and estates who have been instrumental in shaping it’s identity over the past quarter century. A family owned business with a global outlook, Hauser & Wirth inspires a diverse range of activities that engage with art, education, conservation and sustainability.
On the afternoon we visited we were able to view exhibits by Takesada Matustani, Paul McCarthy and Monica Sosnowska.
While I tend to gravitate towards more traditional and classical art, I also like to get out of my comfort zone and broaden my horizons every once and awhile.
It’s amazing the conversations you can strike up while trying to interpret pieces like this…
Or this! Rebecca loved this piece and felt that she could really relate to it.
And she thought this Snow White interpretation reminded her of me and instructed me to pose with it. 🙂 I guess even cast in wood, I still resemble Snow White.
And here she is eating her dwarves… Hmmm….. What are you trying to say about me Rebecca?
Be sure to plan for food and snacks. Hauser & Wirth is located next to Salt & Straw and it’s partner restaurant Manuela and community gardens are located onsite.
You can visit Hauser & Wirth at 901 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles CA 90013. Gallery hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 11 am to 6 pm. Admission is free. For directions and current exhibit information, visit Hauser & Wirth’s Los Angeles site here.
Photos by Mo Summers.
For outfit details please view my previous post here.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
I am featured in this weeks Independent Fashion Bloggers, Links a la Mode. Be sure to check out the links of my fellow bloggers below.
Links à la Mode, October 15th, 2017
- April Was Here: Daily Skin Routine at Home
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: An Outfit for Exploring A City
- Gabriella Lundgren: Full Pyjama Look at London Fashion Week
- Girl in Betsey: Gluten and Dairy-Free Avocado Pasta Recipe
- It’s Nkenge: Cool Denim Finds Under $100
- Just Gigi: An Easy & Delicious Way to Add More Superfoods to Your Diet
- Love Emmarie: Today’s Look…Black & White
- Online Personal Stylist: 20 Top Cruelty-Free Beauty Products to Buy Now!
- Pretty Little Shoppers: Keeping My Skin Glowing for Fall with L’Bri
- Pink Champagne Problems: My New Fall Uniform
- Saccharine Soul: Feminine Fall Fashion: Embroidery and Lace
- Simply Audree Kate: 10 Ways to Get Back in the Swing of Things for Fall
- The Brunettes Diary: 20 Must-Have Booties This Fall
- The Language of Yolande: As If
- The Incogneatist: 3 Fall Trends You Need in Your Closet